3/2/2021 *We found one bug that snuck by us in this release. We’ve taken it down and will be skipping this release. 1.0.7 beta is the current release.
1.0.6 is the third firmware update for the Onefinity CNC Controller.
If you were on the beta before this, try flashing back to 1.0.5, restarting, then flash to the 1.0.6.
Updating via USB
You’ll do an update via USB using the following steps:
Copy the blue .bz2 file below onto a usb stick (it must be formatted as fat 32 or ntsf). Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, under firmware click ‘UPLOAD’. Select the 1.0.6 file. Depending on your shipping date, the password to update will either be buildbotics or onefinity
Updating via the Internet:
If you already have 1.0.5 and are connected to the internet and have auto updates on, a pop up will inform you that there is an update and the machine will update automatically via the internet.
If you already have 1.0.5 and are connected to the internet and do NOT have auto updates enabled, go to Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, and under firmware click upgrade.
STEP 2 (don’t forget this step!)
Once the firmware is installed, to get the max-velocity settings to apply, you’ll need to reset the configuration. If you’ve made any changes to stall homing, probe dimensions, or pwm/spindle, you’ll need to write those down to reinput later as resetting the configuration will change those values back to default. Go to the fly out menu, general, under configuration click ‘reset’. Choose your appropriate machine, and hit ok. Once reset, the values for both will change. Reinput any stall homing, probe or pwm/spindle settings that you had before resetting.
Here’s a walk through on how to reset with pictures How To Reset The Configuration To Defaults
If you haven’t yet, expand the storage (optional but recommended): How To Expand The Raspberry Pi File System
PLEASE SEE NEW FIRMWARE THREAD
*If you’ve already been running 1.0.6 beta, you will still need to perform this update via USB (it will not come over the network). You will also need to do step 2 and reset the configuration after installing this update.
1.0.6 Change Log:
- Added popup during calculation to stop the user from sending inputs during calculation. Resolves missing info on control page when users hit play before letting calculation finish.
- Reduce Max-Velocity from 12.75 to 10. Some machines lost steps with rapids being so high (mimicking bad wires) (will only apply once config reset is done)
- Added new shutdown/restart button on flyout menu.
- Optimized Stall Homing. Homing will now ‘rock’ back and forth to clear the stall state. This will be most notable when rehoming after a home command.
- Updated the wording on the firmware update page to be clearer. Replaced ‘upgrade’ with ‘Upgrade via Web’ and ‘upload’ with ‘Upgrade via File’
- New probe diameter in probe dimension field. This will allow you to set a default probe dimension and be remembered upon reboot.
- Remember Inches/MM setting upon reboot (thanks Robin G)
- PWM spindle on/off bug fixed. Will no longer turn off spindle between toolpaths when using a VFD.
- Behind the scenes optimization and stability improvements.
This release does not include the increase jerk settings from 1000 to 15,000 like the beta release had. There is a bug that affects probe xyz height when changing to the high jerk settings. Our main focus is to have this bug fixed in 1.0.7. If you want to increase the jerk you may do so, but remember, your xyz probe will be off in z height around 1-1.5mm. A work around this is to probe xyz then probe z alone after.
Firmware upgrade wording change:
Flyout Menu Shutdown/Restart button:
Probe Dimentions (probe diameter):