This is the forth firmware for the Onefinity CNC.
This is a MAJOR release. A lot has been fixed, updated, and improved. We’re investing more effort into improving the software and want to thank the team who’s been working hard doing so.
This is a BETA release. Expect bugs. If you run into any issues/bugs, please report them below there is a possible issue with xy being off after probing xyz. If you run into this issue, please describe in the comments.
We have decided to keep the jerk at 1000 for now. If you’ve been using 15,000 (in the 1.0.6 versions), you can feel free to return to 15,000. The probe bug (where depth using xyz probe button should be fixed).
Updating via USB
You’ll do an update via USB using the following steps (beta’s are not available via autoupdate):
Copy the blue .bz2 file below onto a usb stick (it must be formatted as fat 32 or ntsf). Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, under firmware click ‘UPLOAD’. Select the 1.0.7 Beta file. Depending on your shipping date, the password to update will either be buildbotics or onefinity
DOWNLOAD: PLEASE SEE NEW FIRMWARE THREAD
- Fixed touch screen not accepting touch
- Added popup during calculation to stop the user from sending inputs during calculation.
- Added new shutdown/restart button on flyout menu.
- Updated the wording on the firmware update page to be clearer. Replaced ‘upgrade’ with ‘Upgrade via Web’ and ‘upload’ with ‘Upgrade via File’
- New probe diameter in probe dimension field. This will allow you to set a default probe dimension and be remembered upon reboot.
- Remember Inches/MM setting upon reboot (thanks Robin G)
- PWM spindle on/off bug fixed. Will no longer turn off spindle between toolpaths when using a VFD.
- Cleaned up UI layout a bit on the main screen
- Enabled auto expansion of partition and file system to fill SD card on first boot
- Added probe continuity test before probing (pop-up dialog)
- Added a popup after probing, reminding the user to put away the probe
- Lowered default probe seek speed
- Fixed file drop-down menu showing old files
- Added file system watcher for uploaded files
- Improved support for large gcode files, improves performance on Raspi
- Fixed a bug where the UI could become unresponsive at boot, or when uploading the first gcode file
- Changed default max-deviation to 0.001 to reduce issues with chattering while cutting arcs and circles
- Hides ratpoison (window manager) message during boot up
- Disabled G61, G61.1, G64 gcodes until the root cause of circle chatter is identified and fixed
- Increased icon size on the main GUI
- Improved version comparison logic for handling public beta releases in the future
- Changed default max-jerk to 1000 for X/Y axes
- Changed default idle current to 1A
- Force-set some critical configuration values to help with reliability
- Metric units only for junction-accel and max-deviation
- Rewrote the homing procedure to be more consistent
- Small improvements to the stall homing procedure
- Fixed error messages in the console (webgl)
- Fixed styling bug with error dialog
- Changed max-acceleration from 12.75 to 10 to stop xy axis from stalling
- Behind the scenes optimization and stability improvements