2.0 Alpha Test Build #0 (outdated)

Well, the pi3 does…so the 4 definitely does

1 Like

This feature looks like a downgrade for me

• The time is now displayed in 12-hour format, rather than 24-hour format

Please, could you stick to 24h format or at least leave this choice to the user?

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

On Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1, I am seeing the same thing. It is trying to load and process a file on boot.

1 Like

I’d love to beta test 2.0-A, but on a RPi-4. Can 1F provide a revised back panel to fit the “flipped” positions of the usb and network ports? I have RPi-4’s I’m glad to use.

Thanks, Eric

p.s. feel free to contact me via email.

We have no panel. You’ll just need to keep a back panel off if you want to test the pi4

Hey Eric,

That’s the reason why Buildbotics at the moment does not use the Raspberry Pi 4, besides heat implications in their current casing.

Note that the official …

You could mill a back panel with the Onefinity CNC :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Any chance Onefinity wants to release the cad file for the existing back panel?

1 Like

Now you’re talking! I’m not opposed to milling aluminum on my 1F but not having to reverse engineer a back panel would be super nice. Maybe 1F could keep the main back panel as is with a reversible insert so the end user can decide/change which RPi version at will without having to unhook ALL the connections on the back.

Eric

Hey all,

just in case someone wants to have the differences at hand:

– Source: Extraced from documents in https://datasheets.raspberrypi.com

1 Like

That would be nice. I might try cutting a new back panel out of black acrylic using my CO2 laser. I guess first I need to locate and buy an RPi4.

1 Like

Is there a big functional motivation to moving to the Pi4 ? I would guess wifi and networking capabilities might be a little better, but are there thoughts that other things that effect the usage in this context that would have a big impact ?

I don’t have a directly connected monitor to my 1F and do everything via web access. The one feature that I see some conversations about in firmware versions is upload of GCODE files from an apple mobile device. I doubt this will be different on a different Pi version, but I’m hoping a future version of firmware will allow upload from iPad to work correctly. For my particular workflow, that would be a big help.

Hey Mike,

someone just asked the same, “what advantage is there to use the Pi4?”, which I tried to answer here←.

2 Likes

Great info, thank you. That seems to validate my theory that the main impact would be more ‘modern’ networking options being the biggest impact on this use case. Certainly the Pi4 is a big hardware upgrade, but not sure how it would help other than that.

The capability for upload of GCODE, I guess looking at your link, that sounds different than what I’m describing. In the Onefinity app, if I select “upload gcode” button and go to select a file to upload - it looks to upload a file from the device running the webapp. If you are running the webapp on the Pi, then it will upload from the hard drive. If I am running the webapp on an iPad, it will allow me to browse the “files” app on the iPad and I can browse folders and files. It just does not allow me to select my GCODE file to upload. Is that part of the USB On-the-go capability ?

Thanks again for the info.

I’m confused, I downloaded ALPHA1_RPI_Kv_bbk_9.0-121022 and flashed it. The opening screen shows https://share.polymicro.net/Screen-Shot-2023-02-14-08-44-36.74.png

What’s up with the version number? Should it not be 2.0.0a1 or something indicating 2.0 alpha?

Found this on the Onefinity GitHub repository for the controller.

3 Likes

Hey OnefinityCNC,

Could you please make this optional, as using “PM” and “AM” is only customary in a minority of countries, and totally unusual in many parts of the world (and by the way, very difficult to understand, as 01:00 is 01:00 AM (as everybody would assume), but 00:00 (midnight) is 12:00 AM (hä??) in the USA (which at same time is 00:00 AM in Japan), which is followed one hour later by 01:00 AM in the USA (huh?), while 12:00 (noon) is 12:00 PM (heh??) (which at same time is 00:00 PM in Japan)).

Please could you also offer to use ISO 8601 for date and time representation.

12_and_24-hour_usage
Date and Time representation by Country

Hey Mike,

someone just asked the same, “what advantage is there to use the Pi4?”, which I tried to answer here←.

New Test build up. 2.0.0 Alpha 1 BB Firmware (latest beta, 2/18/23) - #3 by OnefinityCNC

This test build #1 (this one changed from #1 to #0 as it was the first of its kind) is now available. Starting a new thread to pin down issues with each release.
2/18/23

The first build #0 was built off 1.1.1.

This build, #1, is built off 1.2.1.

If you have 2.0 build alpha 0 on your machine, please FLASH the sd card to this new build, 2.0 Alpha #1.

The releases after this first alpha #1 should be able to ‘update’ instead of a full flash from now on.

1 Like