EP4 Onefinity CNC - First Cut On Your CNC - Team Onefinity

Team Onefinity.ngc (11.4 KB)

Did you know that the Team Onefinity sign that came with your CNC was actually cut by your machine? That’s not just for style points. Every CNC we make is fully assembled, tested, and checked for quality before leaving our facility. The g-code that comes pre-loaded is what we use to make sure your machine is in tip top shape before it ships out. Pretty neat, huh?
That’s why we recommend repeating this test after you first set up your CNC. This is the easiest way to ensure that the machine was correctly assembled, and to get you familiar with how the machine works. You’ll load a program, position and secure your material, and learn the basic order of operations to be successful with your own designs. Not to mention, you end up with a pretty snazzy little sign for your shop!

Gcode Specs:
Bit - 1/4 endmill (downcut or upcut) (3 on Makita Router Speed Dial)

XY Zero Point - Lower left

Material Size - 12" wide, 6" tall, .75" thick

Did you get an ESTOP - SWITCH NOT FOUND error when trying the file? Read this: "Estopped, Switch not found" - What does this mean?

(please note, this file is the test carve we run internally when we QC the machine. We do not recommend running straight gcode you do not create (since we have a video showing how to, this is the one exception). There are too many variables the user does not know about how the file was created.)

2 Likes

What material can be used to run this g-code? The sign that comes with the Onefinity appears to be MDF but can pine be used instead?

1 Like

It sure can. Any softwood works best.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the feeling of satisfaction when you look into and ask about anything pertaining to Onefinity or. Any other CNC.

I have learned so much from this amazing group - there are some talented and amazing people here

This is how the file came out on my machine. What do I need to do to get it to cut correctly?

I followed all the instructions, used a 1/4 " downcut bit, Makita set at 3.

I’d wager only 1 Y rail is working correct. Go through this doc and see if that’s the case. Then apply the rest of the doc to correct it (most likely loose coupler):

1 Like

My son and I went through all the troubleshooting steps and we have no way of knowing which step worked, but it worked as you can see.

It’s great to have received such a quick response.

I only wish I had received this response to my previous post.

Scott,
Glad to help. While the fourms are a great assitance with the collective user groups knowlege, nothing beats emailing official support directly at support@onefinitycnc.com

1 Like