Controller stops responding after upgrading to 1.1.1

I upgraded to 1.1.1 a few days ago, since then it seems to randomly freeze. The monitor is frozen, and I cannot ping the controller from a PC on the same network. The controller is connected via ethernet.

The only fix is to reboot the system, after which everything seems to work for a few hours. I didn’t notice this on the previous version (I think I was on 1.0.9).

Any suggestions? I have an upcoming project that will take more than a few hours of machine time, and with the current state of randomly locking up I have no confidence in the system to perform the needed task.

Thanks in advance!

Revert to 1.0.9 and see if it still happens. You could also rebuild the SD card with 1.1.1 and see if that helps

1 Like

Jason, curious as to what customer support told you about your problem here?

I wonder if there is another issue here. I upgraded to 1.1.1 as soon as it was available. I am also connected via ethernet vs. wifi. My machine has been on many hours each day without monitor or controller freezing up. I download gcode from my office computer (ethernet) to the 1F controller. Just sharing my experience with the latest update.

How does one revert to 1.09 after upgrading to 1.1.1.?

TIA.

Calvin

I haven’t reached out to support yet. I was curious if others were experiencing the same issue before I reached out to them.

That may very well be. I just flashed a fresh SD card, so I’ll see if that helps. If not, then I’ll reach out to support to determine the next steps.

1 Like

Woke up this morning to find that the system was locked up again.

This was running a freshly flashed version 1.1.1 on a new SD card.

I’ll try flashing 1.0.9 on the original SD card and see what happens.