Don't estop on probe fail

I mean unscrew your from the holder raise it change bit. Zero it

I wont have to jog it anywhere when stop for the tool change I couldn’t loosen my router raise it enough to get my bit replace zero the new bit then hit play.

Thanks derek once I get into use this machine. I’ll figure it out. Hopefully have a nice day. My biggest problem is the price of wood.

Hey Michael,

yes, and this is because the g-code you find in the ‘tool-change’ field of General Configuration Tab of the Onefinity Controller often contains only a default code that is not usable (does not raise Z high enough). Therefore you might try out one of the examples shown→ here instead.

This is not necessary since you can use a g-code in the ‘tool-change’ field to raise Z and allow for a tool change – see above.

Also in program mode, you cannot start a manual zeroing.

But there is a probe command in the g-code example for the ‘tool-change’ field, so probing Z would be done at the right moment.

Agreed.

I think the main thing here is that if the zprobe fails (in my case I was higher than 1/4") the software should not stop.

just alert the user and wait for them to fix it.

3 Likes

So, I am late to the party as this just happened to me. While I use the probe, I usually only use it for Z so I don’t have the front left reference - I usually zero in the centre of the workpiece. What I try to do once I zero is to make a note of the absolute X and Y position, so that if something happens I can rest by origin to that position. But as the OP said the software should just give a probe fail warning as opposed to an abort.

Not too sure if this has been changed in 1.1.11 as I am still on 1.0.09 and will remain here for a while as I see that there still seem to be some issues with the upgrade.

Steve

1 Like

This just happened to me today, luckily on a scrappy pine test run. Ran my roughing file, then changed the bit and went to probe for Z, distance was too great, so the system throws an E-stop and loses homing and XY.

In this case the workpiece was circular and the center had already been carved out with the roughing file, totally screwed. I had zeroed XY to the center of the workpiece originally. No way to get back on those coordinates exactly.

Lessons learned- no circular workpieces if possible, and, always get the Z close before probing.

Hey m3fan,

@SurfinGump showed how to customize the probe routine the other day

1 Like

If it’s important I always screen capture or write down or both

A simple solution is to home your machine and then zero it. After it’s done zeroing manually move it back to the home positions (don’t rehome it) and write down all three axis numbers. If you have a problem requiring a reboot just home the machine, make sure all 3 axis are at zero when at home, then manually go to the positions you’ve written (ignore the negative sign), once there manually zero each axis on the screen.

1 Like

I just take a picture of the coordinates with my phone. Saved me several times!

1 Like