EP3 Onefinity CNC - 3 Must Haves in a CNC Wasteboard: Includes MATCHFIT Dovetail Wasteboard System Files FREE. Includes files for Vectric and Carveco. Sizes support Foreman, Journeyman, and Woodworker!

Reading through the instructions. Sorry for my ignorance but should I be flattening the wasteboard prior to this or after completion?

2 Likes

You should flatten it before you run the operation. Otherwise you remove material that is meant to be there for structure. Plus our grooves are all on the same plane that way.

No need to apologize, everyone has to learn someway. Iā€™ve asked a few questions (and still do) that I know others are likeā€¦ well thatā€™s obvious so its ALL GOOD!

If you donā€™t know something, please ask that is what this Forum is for! And we have one of the best group of folks Iā€™ve had the pleasure to share a forum with so your in good hands!!

Cheersā€™
-Alex

2 Likes

Thanks Morgan. Iā€™ve had the matchfit system(s) for a while and have been waiting for you to do all the leg work on a wasteboard with matchfit. Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

If you were to edit the instructions, I would add ā€œthis would be a good time to flatten your wasteboardā€ at the end of step 8 after doing the test or tracing run. Unless Iā€™m out to lunch here? Lol

3 Likes

Total newbie here as I am in the process of setting up my JM now. I saw this video prior to buying all of the t-track for the waste board I was going to install and like this set up here. That said, when I load the .crv file it shows the vectors; however, when I go to Toolpaths, I do not see them populated. What step am I missing? Iā€™ve even tried loading the .dxf file and VCarve Pro says a problem was encountered. All help appreciated & welcomed for this newb!

Iā€™d do it right after permanently securing the washboard down to whatever itā€™s mounted to. I did that between the ā€œtracingā€ toolpath so I could see where to safely put screws, and doing all the actual cuts with the 1/4" endmill.

2 Likes

happy to be here! :+1:

1 Like

shoot me a DM and weā€™ll see whatā€™s going on

1 Like

Morgan, is that a typo in STEP 4 of the PDF instructions - didnā€™t you mean the X-slider (not Z) t o find the center of the cutting area?

1 Like

I love this design! Is it possible to get the files converted for use with the Carbide Create program?

Hello all, I purchased the file and canā€™t seem to find the vectors for the work holding pieces. Has anyone else located them? Again, Im a newbie and it could very well be operator error, but Im not seeing them in the zip file. If anyone has them, would you mind sharing them?

Awesome setup, Morgan! Thank you for sharing. I just purchased the kit.

So I see you say you mount the whole waste board to the t tracks on the QCW, is that correct? How do you manage that, please? I donā€™t see it in the instructions anywhere. Iā€™m going to be moving my OF Woodworker up to the wall and have the secure from below QCW. So I want to make the waste board before I move it to make things easierā€¦ Going to be challenging enough getting that bugger up on the wall brackets! :rofl::joy:

Thank you for any help and guidance!

Mike

I notice for the clamps and fences that theyā€™re not cutting all the way through the 1/4" or 1/2" material, is there a reason for this? I know I can adjust it so it cuts all the way through but I assume thereā€™s a reason that .72" was selected as the cut depth.

Iā€™m also new to this. I have Carveco Maker. Is there anyway I can get help with the toolpaths. My Vcarve will only do 25x25. I have the Journeyman 50.

VCarve can do larger projects using the tiling feature.

https://docs.vectric.com/docs/V9.0/VCarvePro/ENU/Help/Toolpaths/Tile%20Toolpaths.html

Thank you for your response

Thanks for the help. Now I have another issue. My X axis will only move over to 45 in. I donā€™t know if its user error or the 1.1 firmware update. Any Ideas.

Gayther

I havenā€™t installed the latest firmware (I like waiting until I see if anyone has problems :slight_smile: )

A couple of troubleshooting things though - did you home the machine and verified that the X rail contacted the front feet before backing off a touch? And then did you tell the controller you were at X/Y 0 to make sure the controller display was at 0? Then when you moved the router to the right, did it stop short at 45 & show the location as 45 as well? You wereā€™nt able to bump the router into the far right stop on the X rail?

It goes home bumps and zeros. When I move it to the right it stops at 45 inches from the rail. It indicates 45 inches. Then I get the attached error.

1 Like

Check your setup in the app. You can change the setting there.