Firmware 1.3.0 Alpha 2 (outdated)

Thanks! Keep us updated. I’m surprised that we aren’t seeing more folks chipping in to share experiences; given how hot of topic this has been. Anybody have a bad experience yet? Any final little bugs?

I’m finally going to be dropping in my Spindle/Z-20 combo (just waiting on the F’n dust boot…) and am going to need the PwnCNC VFD in the dropdown. So, timing is right.

1 Like

Does upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.3.0 alpha2 also require the SD card reflash, like 1.2series?

3 Likes

I have the same question, I upgraded once to 1.1 then downgraded back to 1.09, do I need to flash?

If I choose to upgrade to a PI 4 and load 1.3.0 Alpha 2 are there instructions for that.

Is the physical installation of the PI as easy as unscrew one and screw in the new one?
Are pinouts there same?
What else do I need to know to upgrade to the pi 4 and 1.3.0 Alpha 2?
I have not opened Mine up other than to flash back to 1.0.9, are there any fans or heat synchs required?
etc…

2 Likes

A pi3 b is the only pi that will work with the 1.x family.

1 Like

Is there a way to setup the wireless network settings to make the controller an access point? I currently have it set to connect to Wifi but of course it’s spotty. I’ve tried the configuration reset but it seems that it doesn’t reset any network settings.

I had switched to the 1.2 series and had nothing but problems!! It was loading whatever file it felt like loading instead of the one selected and worse yet changing the file loaded after the correct file started. I finally went to the alpha 1.3, the only problem I’ve had is that on some files it won’t shut down the spindle even though the M05 command is present in the code before the program end code. I’ve found that if I write the M05 command 2 or 3 times before the program end command that it finds it and works fine. Just strange. Other than that, I’m happy with alpha 1.3. Works well!

1 Like

Yes I meant M05 not G05, My mistake.

Good to hear. My dust boot will finally be here next week and the spindle/Z-20 combo will see action at last!

If you’re using 1.2.1 , download the 1.3.0. Alpha 2 file and load it via a thumb drive or over the internet.
Instructions are with the file. I’ve been using 1.3.0 alpha 2 for over three weeks now and haven’t had one hiccup. Enjoy

3 Likes

Great to hear, Robert!

I’ve been using 1.3.0 alpha 2 for a couple of weeks now. So far so good. I’d like to see the ability to set the correct time in the controller. That would be nice.

Thread Closed. New firmware has been released:

3 Likes