Firmware Update 1.0.9 (12/17/21) (Outdated Firmware)

Thank you. Just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly.

1 Like

I recently upgraded to 1.0.9 and all else seems to be running well; however, I pressed Pause to interrupt a job, then Stop and that ended my ability to do anything else. I was forced to reboot and lose material position. Is this combination of key presses not allowed? I tried without success to move with MDI, joypad, probe, open files, etc. I have not re-tried to see if I can repeat the lock up.

2 Likes

trying to update via USB and i put both onefinity and buildbotics and it comes up with wrong password or bad firmware

1 Like

Hello Adam,

• Are you on a mac, windows or Linux?
  • Is your USB drive properly formatted?
  • Did the file download properly/completely?
  • Do you have caps lock on by accident?

windows, formatted, got the update from the link above, no caps lock

Is it a USB 2.0 stick? USB 3.0 will not work

I am using a USB 2.0. Would be alot easier if it would stay connected to my wifi like everything else is where the cnc is located

Hey Jim,

Even if it is repeated again and again, this is not true. USB 3.0 flash drives work perfectly on the Onefinity Controller, because every USB 3.0 device is downwards compatible by design.

What might not be supported because of the age of the underlying Operating System in the Onefinity Controller, is exFAT Filesystem found on practically every USB drive bigger than 32 GB nowadays. If your flash drive is not recognized by Onefinity Controller, you have to reformat the flash drive using NTFS or FAT32 instead.

1 Like

I stand corrected! It makes perfect sense they would be downwardly compatible. I suppose the two 3.0 that I own need formatting then.

1 Like

Hey Jim,

exFat would be supported with Linux kernel 5.4 but I have no idea if or when Onefinity will switch to a newer version of the underlying OS.

1 Like

Cesar, did you try going to the MDI tab and push the square button and exit MDI mode.

Closed.
This firmware is now outdated.

Link to Full SSD image of 1.0.9 here: https://github.com/OneFinityCNC/onefinity-firmware/releases/download/v1.0.9/onefinity-raspi-1.0.9.img.xz

Latest firmware is here:

1 Like