Firmware Update 1.0.9 (12/17/21) (Outdated Firmware)

1.0.9 is the sixth firmware update for the Onefinity CNC Controller.

Download here:
onefinity-1.0.9.tar.bz2 (2.2 MB)
(sometimes, computers (esp macs) like to ‘unzip’ or decompress the file, ensure you are loading the full zipped file ending in .bz2)

How To Install:
Updating via USB
You’ll do an update via USB using the following steps:
Copy the blue .bz2 file below onto a usb stick (it must be formatted as fat 32 or ntsf). Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, under firmware click ‘UPLOAD’. Select the 1.0.9 file. Depending on your shipping date, the password to update will either be buildbotics or onefinity

Updating via the Internet:
If you already have 1.0.8 and below and are connected to the internet and have auto updates on, a pop up will inform you that there is an update and the machine will update automatically via the internet.
If you already have 1.0.8 and below and are connected to the internet and do NOT have auto updates enabled, go to Click the flyout menu (three bars on top left), general, and under firmware click upgrade.

Change Log:

• Fixed Laser issues with homing, mdi, zeroing, and jogging while using mdi to find zero for laser.
  • Added new configuration drop down (Makita router and @JTechPhotonics laser are now preprogrammed in the ‘tool’ list). Moved all VFDs to ‘unsupported’ list.
  • Changed pwm spindle speed for jtech laser from 255 to 1000. Since spindle speed is increased, you will most likely need to increase the S value (m3 sXXX) you have been using in the mdi command to fire the laser. This S value should be anywhere from 1-100 (100=10% power). If using lightburn, you’ll must to do this for the laser to work correctly: S Value for Lightburn with Jtech Laser
  • Removed the need to input a password to upgrade to future firmware versions after 1.0.9
  • Changed text during firmware upgrading to better reflect time it should take and what to do if it does not update
  • Added new variants in ‘reset configuration’ for the new x-50 rails and journeyman length.
  • Fixed ‘Disconnect’ when job is stopped or first tool is finished and waiting for a tool change
  • Changed probing behavior. A popup will inform the users the probe is not found during m6 command during program run. Many users only noticed the ‘estop’ and did not know why it was estopping during a program run.
  • Changed default Spindle Speed for HY Spindles to 24,000.

EXAMPLES:

New 'TOOL" drop down list:
tool configuration page

New firmware upgrade text:
firmware upgrade dialogue box

New variants added to reset configuration:
reset config

New ‘Probing Failed!’ popup when m6 command is run in a file but no probe present:
probe change

13 Likes

:crossed_fingers:no disconnect :crossed_fingers: Thanks for the update 1F team!:+1:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Thank You 1F the J-Tech changes are working GREAT!

3 Likes

Right one, that disconnect error has caused me many headaches.

How Long are versions tested before going live aka, can I update now without fear of something else going wrong?

This one was 4 months

3 Likes

with the upgrade the router and laser tools have selected lo hi or hi lo and so forth. what do i select now since these are not the same setting types i had before.

1 Like

Nothing. Leave them be.

whats the password? I tried buildbotics but it keeps saying invalid password or bad file.

nvm someone from the facebook group helped me it was ONEFINITY

Do you need to have 1.0.8 installed prior to the 1.0.9 update?

The password is highlighted in bold at the beginning of this post.

3 Likes

Guy’s this is awesome, but I think you forgot the annoying bug that changes the METRIC/IMPERIAL settings randomly and during cuts.

5 Likes

From what I’ve noticed it’s not random it happens when probing for the Z axis during the program. If something goes wrong and the program is stopped during that process it says in metric.

1 Like

are you using the bit setter macros?

Never noticed it with probing. I rarely have to stop a carve, but still happens. I’ll start looking for it when probing. Buuuuuut, it should have been addressed since this is not a new issue.

The firmware update file is downloading as a zip file but when I extract it there is no tar.bz2 file located within. Can anyone help? I’ve never had an issue downloading any of the previous updates,

So on the Tool Configuation when use the Makita router i select that and then when I use my J tech I have to go in and selct that???

Awesome work Onefinity! Thanks for the update!!!

I had this happen a lot on the previous version. I didn’t realize that it was caused by a unit switching problem. And I’m not running any macros.