Looking for 65mm spindle mount

To those who will be upgrading your spindles to 80mm, I’d be interested in buying an additional 65mm spindle mount to add to my machine. I cannot get one from 1F, and it seems like there may be quite a few of them laying around in the near future. Please let me know if anyone is interested in selling one that they’re no longer using. Thank you.

So you would run two spindles at the same time?

I’d just have 2 clamps on my 65mm spindle. It’s quite long and due to interference with the z stepper I’m forced to mount the clamp awkwardly high on the spindle. I’d like to put an additional clamp and guide bearings on my z slider underneath the existing one.

That is a great idea. I have a 65 mm clamp but it is the very basic one that comes with a spindle I’m sure you have one as well
If I do get the 80 I will contact you.

Thanks Dave, we’ll see how it all plays out.

I’ve got a 65mm mount if you still need one PM me.

-Chef Juke aka Pat

I got one to sale because i upgraded to a 2.2 Kw Spindle

Do you still have the 65mm mount?

Do you still have your 65mm spindle mount?

Yes I still do have my 65mm spindle mount and don’t know what to do with it, so if you want it I’ll be happy to sale it to you.

Hey Carmen,

your next step won’t have something to do with a metal saw? :slight_smile:

or perhaps with something like this:

:smile: Nah, no metal saw. I just would like to make one that is offset and need an original to dimension to make a drawing. I really don’t want to swap out my 65mm spindle for the 80mm just yet, but may do so. If you have a price in mind, shoot me msg me.

Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Carmen,

are you planning to mill one out of aluminum or 3D print one out of plastic?

If it is so important for you to stick to the 65 mm spindle, why would you want to lose the advantage that with the 65 mm mount, the center of gravity of the milling motor is so close to the Z rails? In addition, the existing 65 mm mount is machined extremely precise, which cannot easily be reproduced with consumer capabilities.

You could keep both if you moved the stepper coupler cage upwards instead. This would not require as much precision as when drilling and honing the ducts for the linear bearings and for the ball nut in the spindle mount. And the drive shaft for the ball screw can be extended relatively easily with an extension and with another coupler.

E.g. this this thingiverse project presents taller stepper mounting blocks.

There is also another, much simpler solution. If you obviously accept that you move the center of gravity of the milling motor away from the Z-Rails, you could take the Onefinity 80 mm mount and make a reduction adapter to mount a 65 mm spindle in it. The center point does not have to be in the middle, but closer to the Z axis.

The advantage of the Onefinity 80 mm mount is that it is machined with a high level of precision regarding the seats of the linear bearings and the ball nut. Also its greater height (2″ (51 mm) on 80 mm mount vs. 1.5″ (38.2 mm) height on 65 mm mount – Z linear bearing is 2.75″ (70 mm) long) encompasses the linear bearings over a larger area.

And this way you are already equipped for a later spindle upgrade.

Tags: 80mm mount, 80 mm mount, 65mm mount, 65 mm mount, spindle mount,
80mm Spindle Mount Announcement

1 Like