Onefinity CNC Firmware 1.2.1 (2/8/23) (X-35/X-50 machines w/ Buildbotics Controller) (Outdated)

Question - are their optimized settings for the Buildbotics controller that have been proven over time? I did purchase a new SanDisk micro SD card and flashed it with 1.2.1 and inserted it into the controller and then did a config reset. I’ve heard others commenting about changes to the config files, but nothing solid coming from OneFinity on this.

Tom

Hi,

On 1.09 I was having a probing problem that sounds similar. Solution was to do a reset of the software configuration within the Onefinity. After that the problem went away. I went back to my old settings and it still worked (reminder you need to tell it what model of CNC you have). No idea of what went wrong, but it was now fixed. You may want to try the same if you haven’t already.

I’m having the exact same issue. A file processes when I open it, but when I go to run it it’s a different job. Ruined a major project doing this.

Hi @Seamartin00 : Thanks for your feedback. Can you please help us with below information?

Can you able to replicate the issue?
May I know the version you have upgraded from?
If you able to replicate the issue, Can you please connect with us to collect the logs? to understand the issue is specific to your machine or Bug?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Well I could replicate it every single time but I’ve since removed the SD card and did a reflash as stated above so there are no other files in my machine at the moment. I’m not 100% sure which firmware I was using anytime an update pops up I usually do it so whatever the last stable update was is probably what I was on, sorry I know that’s not helpful. I can say that I would select the file off of my USB stick It would process it like normally would but the file that ended up showing up that was getting ready to be carved was a completely different file and it was the same file every time. Before I reflashed I removed all of the files from my machine and the new file loaded up fine because it had no other file to default to, but I’ll let you know if it keeps doing it because Ive got a few carves going tonight to get track on track.

1 Like

Hi @Seamartin00 : Thanks for the prompt response.

Yes, Please keep us posted on the issue, if it is still happening.

Thank you for your help here.

As requested, link to issue with firmware and custim VFD setting

1 Like

Hey @OnefinityCNC (EDIT: @DEV_D ) even a nod to say you understand the problem and will look into it would be a start.

At the moment version 1.2.1 is of no use to me.

Can you fix the issue, do you have a work around, will it be fixed in the next release, have i done something daft?

Cheers

I think @DEV_D is who you’re looking for.

1 Like

Andy,
Please ping @DEV_D with your issue (software devs). This is the first we’ve heard of anything with VFD. One note, although VFD’s are in the software, as I’m sure you are aware, we’ve stated since inception that spindles are 100% not supported, so this potential ‘bug’ will be lower in the issue queue.

1 Like

I just had the same issue, exact same issue with probing not completing. And you are correct, it did capture the correct values, it was just the dialog box did not go away.

I was able to capture the last step, and you can see the dialogue just freezes.

Minor, but an issue.

1 Like

I will ping the Devs.

With respect to support. I understand that you do not support VFDs but the onefinity software supports modbus communications, has preconfigured and custom options along with supporting PWM comms for use with lasers. When modbus comms work in one version then not in a another it is, in my opinion, a support issue. It would be a poor showing if 1F could not support modbus.

3 Likes

Hi @Orthobill13 ,

Will you be available on tomorrow to investigate the issue? I will make sure dev team is ready to debug the issue.

I believe I do have your details to send the invite.

Looking forward talking to you.

Thanks!!

1 Like

I will be around tomorrow yes, and happy to help. Not sure if it will re-create again, but I am happy to help as I can.

Okay so. I was trying to get video of loading a file that wouldn’t generate the 3d view. But instead I got a video of the firmware NOT going to the loaded file… here’s the video

1 Like

Same choosing a file picks the file, but then it’s just added to the list, but it’s not set to be the file to use.

1 Like

Hi @ahandeman : Thanks for the feedback.

May I know the version you are in?
Will you able to replicate the issue while we are on the call? So that we will collect the logs?

Thanks for your support.

Hi @ahandeman
can you please do the below steps for us to collect the logs?

Steps to Collect the logs:

##1. Download the tar file from the link here: bbctrl1.2.1-file-test.tar.bz2 - Google Drive

1. Save the file into USB Drive

2. Go to firmware home screen and navigate to general section

3. Select Upgrade via file option

4. Select the tar.bz2 file from USB drive

5. It will update the firmware with latest patch.

6. Select the G-Code which you want to run

7. Again, navigate to General tab (Under admin section)

8. Click on View report

9. It will open in separate tab – kindly save the log into USB drive

10. Continue your process of cutting the wood Or Job

11. If you see the issue/Error. Kindly go back to the tab and refresh and save the logs

Note : Issue might not happen at the first time, incase it happened after 1st time kindly repeat the steps from 7 to 12. Kindly share the logs to Developer@onefinitycnc.com for us to investigate the issue. Much appreciated your support here.

1 Like

Hi @markalanevans
can you please do the below steps for us to collect the logs?

Steps to Collect the logs:

##1. Download the tar file from the link here: bbctrl1.2.1-file-test.tar.bz2 - Google Drive

1. Save the file into USB Drive

2. Go to firmware home screen and navigate to general section

3. Select Upgrade via file option

4. Select the tar.bz2 file from USB drive

5. It will update the firmware with latest patch.

6. Select the G-Code which you want to run

7. Again, navigate to General tab (Under admin section)

8. Click on View report

9. It will open in separate tab – kindly save the log into USB drive

10. Continue your process of cutting the wood Or Job

11. If you see the issue/Error. Kindly go back to the tab and refresh and save the logs

Note : Issue might not happen at the first time, incase it happened after 1st time kindly repeat the steps from 7 to 12. Kindly share the logs to Developer@onefinitycnc.com for us to investigate the issue. Much appreciated your support here.

1 Like

I am away from my machine for a bit but I can try when I get back and let you know

But I am on version 1.2.1 from a clean flash.

1 Like