Onefinity CNC Firmware 1.2.1 (2/8/23) (X-35/X-50 machines w/ Buildbotics Controller) (Outdated)

Hey Mitch, hey all,

I would expect that the screen of a CNC control panel uses the entire space for useful control and information fields, and preferably without scrolling, as usual on CNC control panels. Yes, I know, the Onefinity Controller UI is a web page, and the viewport a chromium web browser, so what does not fit on the screen is accessible through scrolling. The problem is that on the first page, you have too much content to fit on a display that is at same time very small and also in landscape orientation. You have content accessible only by scrolling downwards. What I think is the best for a web page with much vertical content is to rotate it by 90° and use portrait orientation (I think I posted how to do this the other day).

But with a touch screen that is so minuscule that it is only for fingers of young children, the buttons would get even smaller if you used portrait orientation (since the width would decrease), and thus even less usable. I also think that the Onefinity UI page does not nicely adapt to less width, so you would need a monitor witch enough resolution. But with a nice 24" monitor, portrait orientation woud be ideal for a CNC control panel that is a scrollable web page :slight_smile:

yes, there is some screen area wasted :frowning: The Masso doesn’t seem to need that much space for this information. Or look at the nice QtPyVCP you can have on LinuxCNC.

PS: I have no monitor attached to the Onefinity Controller (that I have here for testing purposes), but with a chromium browser, you would usually be able to zoom in and out the User Interface with Ctrl-+ and Ctrl--. Maybe you can get everything on the screen by zooming to 70%? In my chromium-based vivaldi browser, it’s also a general setting in Menu → Settings → Appearance.