Onefinity CNC Firmware 1.2.1 (2/8/23) (X-35/X-50 machines w/ Buildbotics Controller) (Outdated)

Hey Gary,

I think regarding firmware issues with version 1.2.1, you get pointed in only one direction, which is here. Usually when a new firmware is released and made available for download, users are encouraged to install it and report back if there are any problems with the new firmware version. For version 1.2.1, this is here.

On the other hand, flashing a SD card is another topic. The explanation on how to flash a SD card is here:

If you have problems with flashing a SD card, that does not rely to problems with firmware version 1.2.1 since an operating system disk image is just a file, and it is just written to a SD card. This procedure does in no way depend of which file it is or which Onefinity fimware version you install with it. However as I understand your problem is solved since you replaced the SD card and it worked, so you simply had a defective SD card. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

If I understand you right, your issues with 1.2.1 are:

1. Joystick plus sign on the left side does not work but after you were pointed to joystick howto, you confirmed you think you set the right mode on joystick,
  2. WiFi seems screwed up, shows it is connected but you can not get to your files
  3. Everything worked fine with 1.1.1

Your question if flashing back to 1.0.9 would get you back to halfway normal was already answered in a post above.

1 Like