Onefinity CNC Firmware 1.2.1 (2/8/23) (X-35/X-50 machines w/ Buildbotics Controller) (Outdated)

Here’s the one I used. Simple setup and it’s been working great for 2+ years.
Literally 3’ away from my controller.

TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender (RE220), Covers Up to 1200 Sq.ft and 20 Devices, Up to 750Mbps Dual Band WiFi Range Extender, WiFi Booster to Extend Range of WiFi Internet Connection https://a.co/d/eEDdnt3

2 Likes

Total agree, when going back from 1.1 to 1.09, I reflashed the original card 5 times without success, various different problems. Purchased a new flash card, flashed it to1.09 and bingo, success. Now I will keep the original card when doing upgrades and flash a new one each time. A side benefit is can easily “go back” just by swapping back to the first card and rebooting.

2 Likes

Having some issues after loading new firmware today.

i first noticed that my laser s command had changed from s13 to s50 to fire on low power… once that issue was resolved I attempted to run a laser job and the job started about 3 inches left of where it was supposed to… it was not a file issue as it was a production file from yesterday that had been fine on 1.09 . I cannot jog with my joypad in z as i have an aftermarket that i see is no longer supported but when i try to jog with the control screen on my z i get an error that says Machine not started. The machine will not home after its initial home and all homing areas on my control screen remain faded and inoperable . Stumped as it seems my controller overall doesn’t like this update to put it mildly.

Shane,
Did you reset configuration after updating?

Also, pictures and videos would be very helpful.

yes I have reset to journeyman and also reset to z20 i have a beta x rail as well as a beta z if that matters on this issue

We’ll really need to see detailed, narrated video to check your issues further.

1 Like

It seems I must’ve installed RC3 before. I flashed to the final release now. I’ll report back if issues aren’t resolved, but good chance they are.

3 Likes

‘beta’ x rail?

If so, in your ‘special case’ (since it’s not a production rail), do you have an 1610 or 1616 ball screw? I suspect you might have a 1610 (which isn’t production reset spec) and that’s why things are off.

awesome! Let us know if the issue still happens.

Yes I tried to change the rev back to 10 to accommodate this but when I did that my machine stopped where it looked like it should start and the laser would not fire and it kicked me an error again

yes i changed the rev back to 10 and the machine moved closer to where it should start but the laser blinked once and would not fire and i recieved and error that said invalid length from velocity change

have you tried making sure the sd card has been fully wiped out? like go in delete the partion, re partition and low level format not quick format?

1 Like

trying my best here to send a video of my issues is there a woodworker for dummies way to explain how to do that

2 Likes

Upload to YouTube, make unlisted, then share the link.

2 Likes

i mean i build cabinets for a living but ok lol… ill do my best

1 Like
1 Like

i uploaded a link is there an img to flash back to 1.09 somewhere im not seeing ?

2 Likes

Does a FULL installer (.img) exist for 1.0.9? Or where is the .img full install to get back into the pre-1.0.9 builds?

1 Like

I’m look for the same. Not sure where we started and which build they shipped with? If I can get an original build 1.0.5 or whatever… I’ll update manually. Will be a pain but better than this.

if you follow the 1F instructions, they tell you not to reformat the sd card, just go ahead and overwrite. They then tell you , if you have problems, try reformatting the sd card. I read a lot of forum posts once 1.1.1 started going nuts on me and ruined a bunch of expensive walnut. Eventually I decided to reflash to a new card. I did format the card before using it. Other than replacing the card with a formatted card, I followed the 1F instructions and got good results. I’m just making it a policy to go with new cards any time I have to remove and flash a card… clean installs are always the best. If I can upgrade via the web ( i can but I’m waiting a little ) I will, and then obviously no replacing of anything required.

2 Likes