Rear Mount dust hose management

Greetings. Anyone have pics or links for REAR MOUNT hose management mounts for a pwncnc v7? I posted this question on Facebook but I’ve been banned again. :man_shrugging: Thanks in advance!!
Edit: I meant the V8. Not the V7.

EDIT: Aiph5u solved my noob problem. Thanks!!!

Hey Jordan,

Pictures of PwnCNC v8 dust boot overhang:

Further Video watching

Assemble v8 Dust Boot

Weblinks

Products for Onefinity – PwnCNC

EDIT: As far as I know, v7 is not for rear hose. Besides v8 which is for rear hose, there is v9 (Dust Boot v9 video) now offered

3 Likes

You’re my hero. I don’t know why I had such a hard time searching for this (my terminology was wrong for starters). Also: how the heck did I not know pwncnc had a website. :woozy_face: for some reason I thought they were Etsy only.

Appreciate the data Aiph5u, only thing i’d add :wink:
If you’re using a palm-router… they’re relatively short and can get away with using our Ultimate Hose Clamp in the front “over the router” to grab the hose from the v7 dust boot.
If you’re using a spindle, consider instead our Ultimate Hose Clamp for spindles. This mounts the hose clamp part higher up on your spindle for a better experience with the v7.

Also checkout my pictures website for lots of photos i’ve taken with accessories on my various CNC machines including tons on my Onefinity Machinist with and without a cable chian.

3 Likes

Hey Daniel,

thanks for the tip, I had a look and saw here and here that it indeed suits the v7 well.

But I think your v9 is very tempting!

One question: I assume the hole in the acrylic would allow a stock 65 mm spindle to plunge into it? Is the inner width of the v9 frame large enough to allow this with a 80 mm spindle? Also with the 80 mm spindle mount, the center is located approx. 15 mm more towards the front than with a 65 mm stock milling motor, does the v9 accomodate this with its four holes on the side for the magnet rails?

1 Like

Hey @Aiph5u & @PwnCNC

I’m considering the v9 as well. (I just sent my v7 back due to the issue that Daniel posted and Aiph5u pointed out.). However, I was also worried about visibility of end mills on the v7 as I find myself watching the first few cuts of a tool path closely to monitor quality and speed. Someone indicated that even with a flashlight, you can’t see it that well at all with the v7.

As asked above, will the v9 work with a 80mm spindle and 4" dust collection hose? Daniel warns on his website that the v9 is a beta product and there are no guarantees. I hated the PwnCNC light green v8 that I got through 1F. Though it had great visibility the vacuum pressure was horrible; it just starved the shop vac.

Now that I’m upgrading to 1250CFM two-stage dust collection along with my 220V spindle, I want to maximize the extraction of dust yet still see the end mills at work. Might v9 be the answer??

Hey Jim,

I would think that in any case the v9 is better than the v8. But also think it will not compare to the v7. But I also think that a 70 mm hose would be enough for the Onefinity, provided you don’t use a workshop vacuum but a dust collector and that you have something like the v7 for 70 mm hose. I have a pocket thicknesser that also has 70 mm output and it produces many more chips than the Onefinity ever will.

Hope someone (with a serious dust collection system) will test the v9 soon and report.

Have you ever thought of putting the camera inside the dust boot?

Daniel @PwnCNC, the v9 product page says the opening is 66 mm wide, but how high is it at the smallest point?

PwnCNC_v9_Assembly_video__Question_for_height_at_smallest_cross-section__crop1
How To Assemble Your V9 Dust Boot

The height is needed so I can calculate the opening cross-section area.

I am looking for a dust boot for the 80 MM spindle that attaches to the spindle for 2-1/2" hose

Thanks, Aiph5u,

Yes, I’m dumping the ShopVac strategy and going with a custom two-stage system with a cyclone. Have any of you guys seen the Stumpy Nubs videos on dust collection vs. “dust pumps?” Good stuff. (I’ll have to learn how to post links too…)

Regarding a camera inside a new version of an 80mm v7, I haven’t thought of that. It wouldn’t get covered with dust? Need a light inside too? Then have it display on the external computer screen? I wonder if it would be details enough for me to see if the cuts are fine/smooth enough.