Production run went horribly wrong after being fine

I’m expecting the replacement cable today and the replacement makita router came this weekend so I will give it a shot today hopefully. It’s hard to tell if it is because the bit came loose because it was bent but there wasn’t any sawdust in the collet when I took it apart. I will keep it in mind for the future though, thank you.

Cables came very quickly and that was fantastic. the bowl cuts went fine and then the inner cut out went fine with the 1/4" pass and 1/8" pass

but the second I went to the contour pass, i snapped the 1/8" bit because it didn’t follow the right track.

There was no dust inside the collet because I checked it in between passes. I changed the CAM path to use the 1/4" compression for the contour pass and it took 3 attempts to get it to do the whole run and it didn’t cut all the way thru. It still jumps in its path from time to time.

It’s on the latest firmware and I use the OneFinity probe every time. They are/were all bits from Bits&Bits (Bowl bit 1372, 425-CM125 compression 1/8" and 425-CM250-SF Short-up compression 1/4") using the feeds/speeds from their library.

1 Like

Curious if you ever figured things out?
Are you combining toolpaths so that you are being asked tominsert the next bit or is each one separate? Try separate if you haven’t.

Hi,

I never really figured out the exact issue, after the cable fixed the machine jumping, I went back to the beginning and ditched the downloaded libraries from the companies and measured out each bit individually. some of the feeds and speeds in the download libraries didn’t match up to the information on the sites so I redid all of my tools. After all that I redid all the paths and they all seemed to come out ok, I made 50 and sold half for Mother’s Day so that’s always good. Haven’t had any real issues that weren’t obvious human error in subsequent projects.

Thanks,
Matt

2 Likes