Surfacing cutting too deep

trying to surface a piece to take a bow out of it. I have my depth per cut and max depth both at .05 inches and this 1 inch surfacing bit starts out 1/8 in cut. What am i doing wrong?

In your Job Setup of Carbide Create, did you specify the “zero height” as “Top” or “Bottom” and did you match that when you set the Z axis zero height of the Onefinity? If the material is bowed you may need to set the z height based on the highest part of the material so it removes the desired .050" from that point vs zero off the lowest part of the stock and you’re removing .125 in some areas.

I will check to see if maybe I probed it at just the lowest point. But I used the top of the material as as 0. Could it be the slab is 15/16 thick and I said the stock is 3/4 in the stock set up portion?

If you used the stock top as your zero point the thickness of the material wouldn’t matter, if you used the stock bottom and zeroed off the waste board then it would.

Yea I’m still not sure what happened I ended up taking the piece ti a buddy of mine who had a large planer to flatten it out. I supposed next time I could just use my gaming controller to just manually move it back and forth and set my depths that way?