Beyond Table Size

Advice!?

I have an American Flag project that is 38” x 54” (for just the stars).

I have the Elite Foreman using Carveco 48”. I am hoping to cut the first 30 stars, and then slide the cut down to finish the remaining 20 stars, as I can’t complete the whole cut on a single plane.

Anyone know of a good tutorial on this type of extension?

So what I generally do for tiling in carveco (only plus has tiling feature) is to start a new model at 48x48 and origin front left (standard home position). Set your file in this case 38x54 and align it center and flush with the bottom. Cut the file into 2 parts and open on separate layers (basically you have to make the 2 different cut files as the program won’t auto tile it for you unless you upgrade.) then make your tool paths and shoot it over to the machine. Make sure your piece is parallel with the proper axis. Once homed you can mark with a pencil where you started your piece on the spoil board and on the piece, reference mark. Let’s say your two cuts where 40” and 14” just slide the piece up 14” from your original mark and be accurate, it will cut and align great! Sometimes it helps to bring the computer to the garage and do all this while looking at the piece. Hope this makes sense, just don’t overcomplicate it and remember the machine is accurate, but so is a tape measure if you pay attention to your marks. Just make sure you are using something for parallel alignment and a good reference mark. Pins for alignment are not necessary unless double sided carving. Anyways hope that helps a bit, post up a pic of that flag,Going to be the size of a deck when done!!

1 Like