Forum introduction's

Hello all, Charley Thomas from Triquetra CNC here. I have been involved in wood working in one form or another since I was in the 6th grade. My Father was a home builder and each summer my brother and I would help him build a house. We did this every summer until I graduated High School and enlisted in the USAF as an aircraft mechanic retiring in 1992. I started out working on B-52 bombers in North Carolina and finished up with the RC-135 Reconnaissance aircraft based at Offutt AFB, Omaha NE. I used to tease my Dad telling him that I have been to more countries than he as states.

In 2001 I returned to my home town of Denison Texas where I live now with my lovely wife Linda. I got my first CNC machine in 2015 as part of the pre order of the X Carve. I have modified that machine so much that in now sports a decal giving it the new name of EX-Carve.

I made my first 3 axis touch plate out of necessity. My vision is not the greatest. Maybe too much jet fuel in the face, or maybe broken glass I had blown in my eyes, or just maybe they are getting old!? I just found it difficult to set a repeatable X Y Z zero so I figured out a way, hence, the Triquetra Touch Plate was born in early 2016. Now I am also making the OneFinity Touch Plates. I own my EX-Carve CNC, a PM727 Milling machine that I converted to CNC, a Tormach 1100M CNC Milling machine, and most recently the AMAZING OneFinity Woodworker version. The PM 727 is parked for now but I use the other three daily.

In my spare time I am currently working on a Windows application that will generate 3 axis zeroing codes for use with the OneFinity to provide more zeroing options such as zeroing to a round blank, zeroing to the right front corner, or setting any offset origin you define. I should have it finished in a couple of days.

9 Likes