Help with Cable Extensions for Drag Link Install

Yeah, you ideally need to print them so that there are minimized overhangs while also being oriented for strength.

The prints see long indeed. Good to hear you got things worked out.

I can only speak for my “woodworkers model” I have printed the drag chain parts and installed them without a problem. my ender 3 S1 was not large enough to print the rail spacer plates conveniently and as it turned out I I didn’t need them. All parts fit perfectly. I used 15 x 40 drag chain. The 3/4" aluminum angle was a very tight fit and had to be trimmed to make it fit but that might be my printer.

Buddy of mine has printed parts for me and did the general pieces already and now is about to print the 2 Journeyman pieces, think he said he got those last 2 pieces down to like 23 hours… Yikes.

I need to get my Journeyman installed and the spindle wiring all completed. Most likely be set up in 2 weeks.

www,

Are you jsut using 18AWG shielded 4 conductor? Any particular brand?

Also, it looks like one of your connectors is different form RPhillips, any idea before I go spending on the incorrect or are they similar, i.e. just a different color?

I had to print certain parts with them oriented diagonally across the bed in order to fit. This limits the number of parts you can print at a time but you can get them printed. Some of them are a tight fit but I found a combination of sliding the aluminum rails and pressing them in seemed to help.

I’m just using 18awg shielded 4 conductor wire from a local electronics store:

https://secure.sayal.com/STORE2/View_SHOP.php?SKU=131165

It’s not the greatest in that the sheathing isn’t super flexible but it works.

The parts are the same as Rob’s but maybe you’re confused because the picture of the Microfit connector on Digikey is from the backside rather than the front. Either way, what you want is one 2x2 Microfit connector and one 2x2 Mini-Fit Jr. connector.

1 Like

yeah selecting the correct molex parts is a bit confusing to say the least. Digikey was out of stock and back ordered until March when I tried to get my parts from them.

The 3D printed parts are coming along nicely now. I finally got the bugs worked out on my printer and my slicing skills. I was able to get the rail spacer to print just fine on my Ender 3. You need to orient it so that it fits at 45 degrees and be sure to get the bottom face to sit flat on the bed (there’s a setting for that make is simple) and don’t forget to use supports on the piece that protrudes on the one end.

I have two 24 hour prints yet to do, so I want to make sure I have it fairly well tuned before I start those.