How to add offsets

This might be a ridiculous question and I’m blind but how do you put in offsets? I see offsets on the control tab but I can not figure out how to add them? I used to work with commercial machines and their controls had a entire page just for offsets. Don’t expect something like that with a hobby machine but figured there would be some way to add one at least. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance!

It depends on what design program you are using. In Vectric VCarve Pro its in the job setup.

I played around with this yesterday. If you’re on the control window there is a little gear wheel at the end of each axis display along with the 0 and home icon. If you click the gear you can add the offset for each axis and then press Set. In my test case, I put in -25 (mm) on the X axis and then hit the home (house icon) and the X axis moved 25mm to the right.

Martin

So the cogwheel doesn’t change 0 it just adds an offset? I thought it was just to change 0 to whatever you put it as. I couldn’t try it because I didn’t want to change my dimensions on the machine.

I’ll have to give it a try when I get home from work.

Thanks for the response!