How to cut a 3d chess piece on the Onefinity

Wanted to share my newest video on how to create a chess piece using the 1F and carveco maker+.

6 Likes

1 Like

Jason - great video. I thought the time you spent walking through the workflow in Maker+ (creating the four separate files one for each 90 degree rotation) was well done - never would have thought the 3D ‘Paste’ acted like an extrude function.

Do you know if the same .stl handling capability exists in Maker (not ‘plus’)?

I have the same question for VCarve Desktop.

-Mark

1 Like

Thanks Mark. I am pretty sure you can do that in the basic version of maker but I am not sure about vcarve desktop.

1 Like

Here is a link to the free file for the chess pieces and 3 free months of carveco maker if anyone else wants to try this.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/egyptian-chess-ajedrez-egipcio-alexlopreciado

1 Like

Thanks for posting that promo.

My free year of Carbide Create Pro (CCP) is coming to an end so I’ll need to jump to another CAD/CAM package, hence my questions about different software packages.

CCP is not good at handling 3D objects.

-Mark

Carveco maker is great at handling 3d objects and you can also import more than one 3d object at a time with the basic version of carveco maker. It makes doing stuff like these chess pieces easy.

1 Like