So many choices

opinions needed(you know what they are the same of, and everybody has one LOL) Waiting for my 1F to arrive, I have been using my 3018 ProVer to play around with and learn some on. I have narrowed down my software choices to Carbide Create Pro, or Carveco Maker. Both around the same price range, I just a hobby guy so don’t won’t to spend a bunch. Been using CC already, the free version and pro trial. Haven’t used Carveco but it appears to have more features. Let me know which you guys prefer between those 2 if you have used both. Thanks!

Definitely Carvrco Maker or Maker+. Way more features and when doing 3D, you can lay down multiple stl files to build a scene. Also ability to ramp into cuts, use climb or conventional cuts and has post processors for a ton of machines (like the Onefinity)
Maker+ has a lot more 3D manipulation features.

2 Likes

Thanks Mitz, really appreciate your input and your Utube videos. Think I go with Maker for now, and possibly + in future if I can possibly make a little side income to support the cost. Do you happen to know if you purchase a perpetual license for Maker, their site is a little confusing on their description, looks like maybe only available for + and Carveco and too expensive for me right now.

I just have the $15/month (Maker) subscription so that if I decide to move up to Maker+ I can do so at any time. I’ll be honest, it took me a few days of following along with the training videos before it started to click.
https://carveco.com/support/training/

Also, here’s a link for 90 day free trial. I know they indicate it’s free for Saintsmart CNC users but so far, they haven’t asked for verification.

https://store-us.carveco.com/products/carveco-maker-for-sainsmart?ref=5pctOff

Use coupon code “𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐄” at checkout for your free trial, and if you decide to keep using the software after the trial expires you’ll get a 5% discount going forward!

Mitz

Thanks Mitz, I downloaded Maker, tried putting it on my laptop also but too old, video card won’t handle it. Works great on the desk top I built this pass summer though. Gonna start watching videos and try a few carves on my 3018. Hopefully by time my 1F shows in late June I will have it figured out.