How to DM a member

I’m trying to DM a member of the forum, but I do not see how to do it, I read a post indicating there is a “message” button on a person’s profile page, but does not show on my PC or mobile using different browsers. I’m a registered member of the forum. Am I missing something?
Thanks

1 Like

If you click on big C beside my name does it not bring up a box with “Message” in the upper right? Maybe I don’t have my preferences set up right. My email is in the preferences. Any way I will send you a DM.

Ok, I have been all through the settings trying to see how to turn on the ability to have members message me. I can’t find how to do it.
Does anyone know?

The forum is powered by discourse. The default rules on posting and messaging are listed here.

With some reading, an individual can quickly get to Trust Level 1.

Edit for clarity below:
I had to remember where I found the bookmark.

• Click your user icon/avatar at the top right.
  • Click the messages icon.
  • Look for the message titled, “Greetings” from the discobot after first joining. It will be in the first message of the learning tutorial:

Image here:

Thanks Timberly,
All I had to do was give one like somewhere and I went to trust level 2.
Sometimes I’m too busy to read the manual - then I spend more time trying to figure out why things aren’t working.

2 Likes

You’re welcome brother!

1 Like

No. This is wrong. This forum is NOT hosted by discord.

This forum is hosted by discourse.org.

1 Like

@Aiph5u

:rofl: I don’t know if I was cruising on autopilot or if I autocorrected that. Anyway, I fixed the text and the image. All is right in the forum again! (look awaaaaaaay).

2 Likes