How would you compare your Onefinity against the Shaepoko or MillRight Mega V?

Thanks Ben! A nice concise summary between the 2, where the onefinity comes out on top!

1 Like

Thats a very clean solution, and quite similar to what i had in mind. im very curious about whether going off the measurements for the screw placements work well for you. can you please update this once you get your system setup?

1 Like

Yes I’m a bit nervous about that, truth be told. But I wanted to get everything ready ahead of time as much as possible. I’m hoping it will be spot-on, but if it’s close it should be ok, as the mounting holes in the machine are 8mm, and my attachment screws will be M5. If things look close enough, I’d like to use a stubby 5/16" locator pin on each corner, or at least on the 2 front corners. We will see, and I will most definitely report back. Won’t know till late December though. This setup is basically an identical copy of what I used on my x-carve (other than size), and it served me very well.

Nothing else to add except after building my OF next to my three year old Shapeoko, my wife said the OF was a machine vs my Shapeoko toy-look.
Now I loved my Shapeoko, sold already, but this OF is massive built.
Hope you will be impressed as much as my wife was, she gave me two thumbs up…:+1:

1 Like

I know you didn’t specifically mention x-carve, but for comparison sake, here’s a side-by-side comparison of the Onefinity Y rail next to an x-carve Y rail.

4 Likes

Sure wish OF was out when I bought my shapoko!! Lately I have had nothing but problems with my controller and disconnects. I like the idea of no USB cable connected to run. Shapoko is not sure how to fix my issue at this point. We have tried everything. I would buy a OF today to replace Shapoko XXL but being a disabled former Marine 2k was a big buy and can not afford to drop another 2K :(. Ben thank you for all your info it has been a huge help.

1 Like