New Control Panel for MASSO G3 Touch

The panel looks slick, nice job!

Unfortunately not. I just eyeballed the holes and drilled into the bracket I have on the back of the panel I made.

Do you mind me asking what you did/used to raise up/mount your touch on the separate arm. Is that a regular swing arm monitor mount with a Vesa 75x75 or 100x100 mount that you swapped out?

Yup, a separate arm I mounted to the table (and I LOVE it).

Here is the link Amazon.com

https://amzn.to/490IMtf

1 Like

Here’s a slightly better pic. of that mount

1 Like

I have been trying out some I/O options as time permits. The DB connector breakouts are sure handy for this.

I think a joystick is going to be worthwhile - certainly better than the non-tactile touchscreen which is a PITA to use. I can always add an MPG later. The only function missing for a joystick is a jog speed override.

The wire list helps to document things… :slight_smile:

WIRE LIST and MACRO PROGRAMMING - ELITE WOODWORKER 24-02-03.pdf (72.1 KB)

1 Like

I borrowed Houdini7’s idea and purchased a combo monitor/laptop stand. It moves the touch display to a better height and location. It also provides a second VESA mount for the console.

Engraving some of that dual colour plastic worked well for the control labelling. I’ll likely change some functions (particularly for the macro keypad) so another label will probably be cut later.

I like the location of the console but the enclosure is bulkier than necessary. I would like to find a way to better lock the support arms in position too. I can’t budge the screws at the joints - they seem to be loctited or something.

2 Likes

These are all great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Hey, That is great idea! I have a Masso G3 Touch on my CNC Router and the Macro Keyboard really fits well it seems!

The AMZ link shows a much smaller device. Did you purchase several of Macro Keypads or other available options?

If OK to ask, how did you build tjhe larger version with additional keys, pots, etc?

Thanks,
Billy

That little keyboard is just 3 buttons and a knob, the rest are simple momentary switches. I built mine by cutting the panel on the cnc and then just made a box to attach it to.

1 Like

What functions are assigning to the G3 Touch Start & Stop buttons?

How did you interface your MPG? I have a China No Name 5V MPG. How did you enter the Masso case?

I mounted my Tool Setter at the Park location . . . is that typical?

I noticed ‘Vacuum’ switch, is that for dust vacuum or table material hold-down?

Cheers,

Billy

Billy.

I see no one has responded to your questions so I’ll have a go at what I can.

These are the same as the Start & Stop buttons on the G3 Touch - Inputs 1 & 2 respectively.

I don’t have an MPG so I defer to someone who has one.

I wouldn’t say that was typical, but it may work for some workflows. I would guess the two most common uses of Park are to get the gantry out of the way for material mounting and removal and to go to a convenient location for accessing the router/spindle. The function of the Tool Setter is to maintain tool heights with tool changes. This is usually best served with a Tool Setter location that both minimizes encroachment in the cutting area and minimizes travel to access it - particularly when homing. So co-location of the Park position and Tool Setter might occur depending on these factors and perhaps a few others.

For the Console, this is the dust vacuum.

1 Like