Onefinity Controller Stopping Mid-Program (solved: EMI / Static Build up)

Honestly it was pretty easy. I think I had the whole thing done, disconnected, new cable pulled thru, end reinserted, and reconnected in about two to three minutes. I haven’t put the little screw on the bottom, back in yet but that can wait until I relocate the machine.

Hey John,

can you again describe what you think that led to the pinching of the wires?

Do you see that it could happen if you assemble it in another order?

I think the wires were inserted in the tube or the leg support first than the tube and metal were pushed together.

I think if the tube and leg assembly are assembled first then there is less risk of pinching or scraping.

Hey John,

at this moment in the video, the reinsertion of replacement cable is shown. It is clearly to see that after putting the two halves of the end cap around the Molex connector, the cable is not pushed into the rail, but it is pulled at the other end.(*) Of course if it is pulled enough, this would prevent any pinching of the cable at the front end cap.

John, when reinserting the end cap into the rail did you pull at the other end of cable too (instead of pushing the cable at the front)?

*) Note that the voice in the video does not say “we can pull at the other end of cable to put the end cap back into place”, it says “we can push it back into its place”.

The exact text is (at this point in the video):

Now we can put our wire back together and put it back through our tube.

(video shows back side of rail assembly with stepper, and cable is pushed from the back into rail and it is pulled using needle-nose pliers from the front as soon it arrives there)

(Now shows front side of rail assembly, with cable with connector looking out of rail about three inches)

With our wire pushed all the way through our tube we’re going to turn our rail on its side once again.

(rail is laid down on its side)

We can now put our black end cap on the end of our wire and once we’ve done that, we can push it back into its place in the tube and secure it using the bolt that we’ve removed in the begin of the video.

Once we’ve done that we can tuck the rest of the remaining wire in through the back of the tube.