Opt lasers or Jtech

Don’t mean to bother you, but have you had the chance to test any PWM frequencies above 1000? Or if OF controller even allows anything above 1000? I’d definitely be curious if up to 10,000-20,000 or so is possible with stock OF controller I have. Thanks

No, I’m busy renovating and have little time for CNC just now.
There is an option to change the frequency in the 1F controller but I did not play with it. It’s still set to the factory default of 1000 and I’m pleased with the results.
Remember that, on the Internet, sometimes people… over-optimise :wink:

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: I definitely understand. Always more than enough pots in the fire.
I’m sure you’re right that default setting is plenty fine in many cases. I’m mostly curious re the potential settings for the XT-50 which has a very fine spot. One of the YouTube guys who does some very in-depth Opt reviews seemed to indicate a higher frequency could allow you to speed things up and keep quality, and speeding up a diode laser would certainly be a good thing. And @pZq found better results at 50k, but a different controller.
Maybe someone else will jump in here, or maybe I’ll be the guinea pig and get the laser to give it a try! Just a decent amount of money for a hobbyist experiment.
Thanks again for the response. It’s appreciated

1 Like

Does anyone have experience connecting the Opt Laser XT-50 to a CNC using a DSP controller?