Soft Alarms and Parking after job completion (Masso)

I got a feeling I’m going to be on here a bunch. I’m running “Air Carves” for now as I don’t have my PWN spindle yet. I keep getting Soft Alarms on two of the three Vcarve Projects I’m trying to verify.
What does that mean, and what do I do to correct this.

1. I see on Two Moose Design he goes to the MIDI and pushes park and his machine goes to a pre-programmed area. What do I need to do to program my 1F to raise the Z and go to the same park place at the end of all my carves?
    Thanks in advance.

Which CNC/controller are you using?

MASSO G3, just got my 1F Foreman a couple of days ago. I Just found a video and watched it, getting ready to go see if I dare try setting up the soft limits. I’m nervous because all the other videos say we shouldn’t go to the F1 page and make changes if we don’t know what we are doing. I’ll try homing, and then run a program again before anything else.

These may be of interest if new to you:

https://docs.masso.com.au/supported-g-codes/g30-Move-to-parking-position

1 Like

Thank you sir,
This is the video I found after I had posted on the Forum. I then went out, retried and figured that since I don’t have a spindle, I can’t use the xyz probe and don’t have an actual 0 point, for lack of better understanding. When I run my vcarve, I had it to close to the Y rail and there wasn’t enough room for the carve. At least that’s what I think happened, anyhow, it worked okay this time. Thanks again for your help, I know I will be needing a bunch more before I can truly advance with this new adventure into CNC.

2 Likes

The link at the bottom explains how to set up a park position - in case you missed it. Glad it is working.

Thanks again, I will watch it again. I know it will take me forever to finally have an idea of what to do,

No problem. Just to be clear the link under the video is not a video but a link to the online Masso manual that discusses park position.

There is also the new AI chat there that has been actually helpful.

I tried it the day I got the email (and confirmed it was not SPAM :grinning:), and found it to be quite accurate.

Thank you both, I will definitely check it out. You are appreciated.

I re-read the cnc nutz on parking a couple of times. Finally I just took my computer out to the shop with the 1F and finally figured out what I need to do and where to do it. It now parks and returns to home with the touch of a button, so nice. Thanks again for all the help and support. I also just got notification that my PWNCNC spindle has been issued a shipping label and will be shipped in the next day or two. Then I’ll be able to makes some dust and chips. And hopefully a nice product piece. LOL

1 Like

So what did you end up doing? The Go To Park Position button doesn’t show on my controller.

https://docs.masso.com.au/supported-g-codes/g30-Move-to-parking-position

Yes I know that. The documentation shows a button on the job screen that says “Go to parking position”.

Did you configure the position?

I put in all the positions in the F4 screen.

Can you try a G30 MDI command as a test?

Already did. It works. I wasn’t saying it wasn’t working I was pointing out that the Button option is not on the MDI screen. I was asking the person what he did as his description was vague.

Yes, just trying to help troubleshoot the missing button issue.