2 head scratchers

Hello all, I’ve been using my Journeyman for about 3 months now and have had great success so far with mostly 2 and 2.5D style cuts. My first head scratcher would be error clearing (doesn’t happen often) on the MASSO controller. From my reading you go to the settings page find the error shows red (I’ll use Y axis motor for this example) and select the error and press spacebar. It then turns green what I had assumed error cleared. When I go back to the project page and hit cycle start the error reappears. Am I missing a step or button selection?

In the end I power off and power back on to clear the error and that’s the only thing that’s worked so far.

Second head scratcher, I’ve attempted my first 3D carve this weekend and the roughing pass went great. It then indicated to change bit so I input my finishing bit, zeroed to the original workpiece height and selected cycle/start. The program then started air-carving to the area I changed bit vice going back to the work origin, what step did I miss this time. So I then started from “line number X” after I selected the work origin and thought it would restart from where it left off but now the height isn’t proper.

Does the finishing bit have to be zeroed from the carve height vs the original height? I’m using Carveco Maker for Ref and thanks for your help.

Cheers

1. depends on what the error says. Soft alarms mean you’re toolpath is going outside of the work area and is a user error. Alarms are something else and usually a reboot and rehome fixes it.
  2. Different tools MUST be different files.
1 Like

Ok thanks for the info. I wasn’t sure if there was a “soft reset” function without powering down the unit such as “clear the alarm and re-home”. Additionally thanks for clearing up that different bits require their own toolpath files. I had made an assumption since their both built into the original 3D carve toolpath that you could save both and just do a tool change in the middle.

Cheers

1 Like