Spindle from another comp on 1F machine?

Hey Jussi. I’m no expert, but a few considerations.
Are you getting the whole kit with cables, water pump, etc or just spindle? If it’s the whole kit, I’d make sure you’re getting enough value to prefer it over a new PWNCNC kit which a number of people enjoy and can come programmed for the OF controller.
As far as I understand it, pretty much any VFD can be programmed to communicate with the OF controller. The one in the photo looks like the common Huanyang VFD, but you’d want to check that. I believe this is still the list of VFDs you can pick from the Tool tab in the OF controller and the Modbus communication between controller and VFD will be automatically populated.
If the VFD is not in the list, you can still program the Modbus communication as a “Custom Modbus VFD,” but you’d have to figure that out or get help. This post and likely others might give you an idea of what’s involved.
As far as programming the other parameters in the VFD for use with the spindle, if it is a working combination between spindle and VFD, you should be pretty much ready to go, but either way you’d want to get a hold of the VFD manual to understand the basic parameters, and see if there are other parameters you’d like to make use of/modify.
There are others in the forum who are more knowlegeable and can maybe give you some more specifics. Good luck!

2 Likes