Spindle and VFD question

Got this one as a gift. I tested it and it runs good. Just want to know if anyone else uses this spindle/vfd
and if it’s compatible with 1F. Obviously I’m new to vfd world, so everything seems complicated and scary.
I was just going through 1F pdf and noticed there are many plugins and one of them is spindle plugin.
I know I need to first configure my vfd so that masso can communicate with vfd. So my question is - is there a special cable that plugs into vfd and to masso controller?
Tnx

Andre

Hey Andre,

this VFD is supported on the Onefinity Controller by creating a “Custom Modbus VFD” entry. This was already described here and here (you can use the search function of this forum)

You have an Elite Series machine with the Masso G3 Touch? The Masso Controller does not support ModBus. You will have to control spindle speed by an analog voltage. This is described here.

Signal cables are usually 0.14 – 0.75 mm² (AWG 28 – 18) and shielded, with wire ferrules crimped to it.

2 Likes

Hey Andre,

What is in the lower line of the spindle nameplate? I assume on the right 400 Hz (the standard on those cheap chinese 80 mm spindles), but what is the Ampère value?

I’ve ordered Elite Foreman
It’s 8.5A and 400 Hz

Thank you for your info Aiph5u.

Andre

1 Like

Configuring VFD, I’ve noticed forward option and reverse option. I’ve disabled reverse, since bits are designed to always spin forward, right? I’ll be working with woods and some plastics, and maybe rarely soft metals. Am I missing something about going in reverse with the spindle?
Andre

Hey Andre,

usually when used for a motor in a CNC router a reverse operation is not to expect.