W.I.P. CNC Table Design

For your options- I’d be worried about table stiffness for the angle version. If there is any play possible, you can easily get chatter.

Here is a link I posted some time back of someone who did something similar to this on a more commercial table and how they fixtured it:

Here is a link to the projects that milling on an angle opened up:

I’m planning on removable insert for mine - making it to the back side and leaving the more frequently used front area alone. I should be able to get a 9x32 millable space for fixtures for non flat stuff and with table bolted in will have the full 32 x 32. I’ll have to bite deeper into the table due to the router offset, but I think it will work out.
I think the key will be very solid bolting at 4+ points for stiffness

Long term, plans for the cutout space include:
-Straight clampable edge when table out for dovetail and end grain milling

• Open to floor to allow milling with custom jigs or clamps on anything that can pass into cut space - Like chests or built furniture
  • Adding a tub with a very rigid base bolted into that space to manage coolant for brass / aluminum with minimal mess to real table
  • building an angle jig similar to yours with some rigid means to clamp in place.
  • Adding a rotary feature or jig to machine on 4 sides (or any number of sides. Not going full CNC rotary, but think I can fool fusion into pausing at the rotary moves until I do it manually and clamp it back in.

Here’s another discussion in this forum on similar:

5 Likes