What PC for turkey calls

Hey Clay,

you are talking about turkey calls, which are rather small wooden instruments?

Do you plan to do other things with a CNC? I ask this because you would need a rather small machine for making such instruments. What size of devices do you make? And if you say you used a lathe, could you show what they look like?

The two machines you mention can’t really compare. The CAMaster Stingers are professional machine with a welded steel base, limit sensors, and a lot of professional accessories and upgrades available, like servos motors, spindles, vacuum table, etc.

What size and what extras would you choose on the Stinger I? And what would they take for it?

The Onefinity machines, both Standard and Elite, have standalone CNC Controllers. You don’t need a PC and no software to run these machines. That applies to the Stinger machines too.

What you need is a CAD/CAM software to design your 3D models and export them as g-code toolpaths. For this you need any PC or laptop with enough RAM and graphics capabilities to work on 3D models. The g-code program is then exported, loaded into the CNC machine and executed.

I just read that the Stinger I comes with the Vectric Pro Software. You can put this software into your Onefinity basket too to compare the overall price.

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes