"Y" & "X" will not home correctly

When I power up my OneFinity woodworker CNC it boots up and ask if I want to home. I press yes and the X,Y,move to the front left and the Z moves to the full up limit. I then get an error that the X &Y are either over or under. I expected the Z to be out because I haven’t zeroed the “Z” yet.
can someone please help me understand the problem?
Do I need to erase any files that may be showing in the file folder?

The file that you have loaded in your current cut window is out of the size where your machine is currently zeroed. If you home it to your workpiece it should correct.

-Alex

thanks Alex…I am trying to face my spoilboard, but i have not loaded a program yet. this is when I boot up and it asked if I want to home the machine. I answer yes and get the error on my “X” the current tool path dimensions (830.306mm) exceed axis dimensions by 14.306mm.
on the “Y” axis it says Caution: current tool path file would move 389.866mm below limit with the current offset.

Give this a read, if it does not help and get you on track, please open a ticket with support.

-Alex

Alex thanks again! My 18MM MDF waste board fits completely between the 4 corner stanchions that are part of the machine and my program (G code) starts at the front left. When I home the machine it comes to the front left and if I were to lower the “Z” I can see that the bit doesn’t exceed the edges of the spoil board. The code is written to begin there. Should I still move the router to the center and set zero there?

No. Keep it where your vcarve sets it in the lower left corner. Unless you want it to start in the center then program vcarve to do that.

I’m not familiar with VCarve so not sure how to adjust or what to adjust, but if you followed the steps in the FAQ’s it has to be something with the code. Your WB is not bigger than 32.25" x 32.25" is it? If its even a hair over it will not work, so if your program is allowing extra padding that would be an issue.

-Alex

1 Like

Alex, Last night I powered down my OneFinity using the power down procedure, not just turning the controller off.
I watched the above videos again this morning, turned the CNC on answered yes to the homing question and everything, including the “Z” said “OK”. I inserted my usb memory stick with my flattening program, G code, but the file didn’t show up. I checked the thumb drive and the program was there but doesn’t show up on my CNC control screen. I can’t even turn the controller off using the shutdown sequence. I’m afraid to just flip the power switch on the controller.

Flipping the power switch is “while not ideal” not going to break anything. For the first few months of OF program that is what we all did to power off our machines. I have hard powered my OF over 100x and never had an issue. With that said a Raspberry Pi does like to be “shut down” vs hard powered… in the very rare circumstance you have an issue you can reflash the OS and it would be 100% again. Support can help with that, but again I think the chances of that happening are very very slim. Go ahead and hard power off.

-Alex

Flip the power switch. At worse (and rare) the OS on the sd card becomes corrupted. It’s an easy(ish) fix via this: How to reflash the operating system on the Onefinity (Full SD card image)

1 Like

As for the file not showing up, ensure its a gcode file the controller and read ( files ending in .nc or .ngc, or gcode) and you’re not loading the CAD design file ending in .crv