2inch spacer for dust boot

Hey Adam, hey @SurfinGump,

but the v9 has a detachable opening at the front:

I don’t see what advantage the MagLock Brush could provide :thinking:

I believe it was designed primarily to replace the bit without removing the boot. But can also be used if you want a really clear view of things (e.g. GoPro).

I completely missed that MagLock Brush offering which looks great and I might just get one for general purpose use.

The only thing with me is, as mentioned earlier, it’s a pain for me to keep detaching the main dust hose from the v9 all the time, including these issues:

1. The Ultimate Hose Clamp is really secure, so wrangling the hose in and out of that after every program run is annoying.

2. The spacing between the UHC and the v9 boot itself has to be just right without pushing down too much on the boot, thus exacerbating the infamous rear end sag, or being too stretched out which pulls up on the v9 boot too much, sometimes with too much force to cause things like premature disconnection.

3. I pretty much have to walk around to the side of the machine every time I want to disconnect the hose (read annoying).

With my current 2.5 hose setup, as I mentioned, I can disconnect and reconnect the hose mid-stream of a carving, much less return it to normal static operation just as quickly. So talk about convenient!

1 Like

Hey Forrest,

yes, and what a nice idea that is! And you don’t have to deal with detaching the hose to access the bit, since the hose simply isn’t there. The outlet (to which I would attach a 4" 100 mm hose) is on the rear. You would not detach the 4" rear hose because with a serious dust collection system, and the right dust boot selected, it should leave no wood dust.

If there were would be wood dust remaining, I would use a workshop vacuum cleaner. But generally I would not tolerate a setup where wood dust is left. Wood dust is cancerogen.

The maglock brush is so you can disconnect the rear maglock connector from the v9 and attach a brush to it for cleanup.

2 Likes