Activation of an IoT relay using Load1 or Load2

Hey Robert,

this is a frequently asked question. Quoting from existing answers:

As the dust extraction system usually is expected to run when the milling motor runs, it is switched on by the same pin 15 “tool enable”, i.e. switched by M3 command and switched off by M5 command. Note that you have to select “PWM spindle” as “tool type” to activate pin 15 “tool enable” (as you would do for using a laser).

@Satoer’s CNC Remote Control Panel switches dust extraction one second later than the router, in order not to load the MCCB with both at the same time. The delay here is controlled by AVR code since control panel’s core is a microcontroller (it emulates the Onefinity gamepad/joystick completely via USB). However if you just use two relays, one for router, one for dust extraction, you could also implement a one-second delay with a NE555 timer in front of the second relay.

I know this does not answer your question :frowning:, sorry! I would check the connection. There were problems with breakout board adapter reported, see here for possible errors with DB-25 I/O port. The topic deals with a failing ModBus connection (pins 13 and 14), but largely applies to any pin failure on DB-25 I/O port.

Further Reading

tool enable

1 Like