Hi - Lo setting for Makita

Can someone Please tell me if the Makita router is suppose to be set to lo-hi or high-lo or disabled, Thanks you, It is nowhere in the makita area. I looked in the manuals and everywhere I know. I know I saw it a year ago somewhere but can not find it again.

Im guessing this is not for the standard makita router? I only have a crappy dial thats usually sits on 2.5 but Ive never seen any other settings.

Are you talking about using an IoT switch, etc? I.e using pin 15 from the breakout box?

It’s really meaningless and a placebo, as the makita gets no signal from the machine, so on the dropdown, Makita = disabled. We put a ‘makita’ option there because we got a million questions about what should be selected. Having ‘makita’ as an option stopped all those questions as it was mostly self explanatory.

1 Like

Hey Gary,

the link here that Atroz already provided above is the one that allows you to simply wire an External IoT relay (FAQ) to the I/O port of the Onefinity Controller with a Breakout Board Adapter that will make that your Makita Router (and also the dust collector if you want) are switched on and off by your running g-code program automatically. In a g-code program, the “M3 Sxx” command starts the spindle (where “xx” is a number >1) and “M5” stops it. With the relay connected to the Onefinity Controller and the Makita router to the relay, as described in the link above, the router will be switched on and off just like a spindle automatically.

Under the TOOL page, on firmware version 1.0.9 and later, you have the “Router” entry which you would select then. In firmware versions prior to 1.0.9 you had to choose “PWM spindle” to use a router or a laser, but now they have their own entries (with a few options invisibly set). Choosing the “Router” entry will make that the above works, since it activates the ‘tool-enable’ pin 15 that controls the relay mentioned above. Usually the relay control input works with a logical high to get activated, so you choose ‘lo-hi’. See the link above for details.

1 Like

Thank you so much all. I got the wireing down and all that. Had to reset my controller and could not remember the Hi-Lo setting. Thanks again.