Aluminum Extrusion Table

Thanks Sammy! Just another day at work. :wink:

Bill, thanks for providing this footprint PDF. I have been trying to avoid the squaring issues I have heard people having when setting up their woodworker machine. I am hoping to plot the footprint and use that as a template to mount my machine. Now I can concentrate on what to use for a spindle now. Much appreciated.

John

You’re very welcome John, glad I could help!

CANNOT find any 250mm extrusions on Misumi web page - do you happen to have a part number, please?

disregard - it’s under Special Aluminum Extrusions → Flat Aluminum Extrusions → Flat Aluminum Extrusions with Shoulder, Slot Width 8mm (MISUMI)

I’ve decided to go a different way; the 4omm x 120mm extrusion fits the 1F foot bolt pattern within 0.013"

I was looking at Misumi as well, although I was looking towards the 40-4012 extrusion to support the rails (80mm between the two outer T-slots). Did you find the 15mm thick “flat” style extrusion to be stiff enough? Also, I plan to do a hanging/folding table, and one of the 40-4012 will be the “hinge” side of that member. Thanks.

While not quite yet built, here’s my design of my aluminum extrusion model with vertical clamping base

I ordered aluminum extrusion in Europe a few times. It’s a pretty good way to build. I believe when I ordered I just got the aluminum from Motedis and ordered all the fasteners and everything else from Alibaba as they were a bit pricy to get locally.

I bought some and had the screws gall in the nut, they were good to take care of it but if you buy some anti seez the screw first thing

Maybe I missed it, but how did you flatten the table? Without flattening it, you would rune into problems on some jobs.

Do you recommend the company you got it from? (share?)