Anyone using joint cam software?

1 Like

IMG_5163

2 Likes

William, that is a very fine setup!

Nice looking table. The lifting casters are really useful.

Thanks to you, I am using JointCam. Developer offers continual upgrades, and we should encourage new features! Just finished two custom storm/screendoors.

Had to make a jig to hold stiles for mortise.

3 Likes

wow some of these vertical setups make me think you all are watching over my shoulder as i build my table for the onefinity journyman. I think though that you will all appreciate my additional twist on the whole thing. I am nearly there with my table build and i took lots of pictures as i am going along. see you all soon.

just an idea but what about doing loose joint tennons that way all you are doing is carving a hole/ slot.?

Robert, Thanks for posting, we are always open to ideas and twists. Yes, please post photos when finished.

Loose tendons would work for many projects. So far, I’m letting Joint Cam do the figuring with the tolerances, thus, I’m letting the machine do the work for both mortise and tendon. (and dovetails, etc.)

I would think you are right, a basic cnc program could cut the slots and it worth keeping in mind! Especially for a challenging assembly…Bill

1 Like

bill I am glad I could help.

JointCAM does have an option for loose tenons.