Jointcam on onefinity

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a journeyman. Box and dovetails are important to me. was reading about doing them on the OF I will be using carveco pro and was wonderig about its capability to do dovetails. I also looked at the jointcam software and it looks simple. Will jointcam produce g code for the onefinity that works? or will vcarve do the job just as easily? i won’t say money is no object but if jointcam is a whole lot easier i will pay the price gladly.

Hey there!

To be clear I have not used carveco or jointcam or even the “box creator” add-on for vcarve. I use Vcarve pro and find its generally easy to use and will be giving the “box creator” a try fairly soon so I’ll let you know how it goes.

You’ve probably already looked at this be here’s the link to this: Box Creator | V11 | Vectric Gadgets

Edit: Making straight inlays using vcarve is very easy(in my opinion) and it seems as though the box joints will be just as easy and accurate.

The purple heart and yellow heart inlays for these crib boards took only a few clicks. Any gaps around the edges were my fault while I was removing tabs :shushing_face:

1 Like

thanks. I have not seen the box create yet. I will be looking at that today

1 Like

I have a piece of bubinga that might be perfect for a small box. I’ll try it out this weekend and let you know how it goes.

So the Vcarve box creator works well. Easy to set up and run. Basically it does what it says and does it well.

It does make a little relief cut at all inside corners of the tails to allow the sharp corners of the pins to fit. So you’ll have a small gap at the corners that you’ll have to live with or fill in somehow. Or make some fun inlays to hide them.

1 Like

thank you I really appreciate it.