Books for training on Vectric Software and Bits

Does anyone know of any books for training on the Vectric softwares? I’m having issues figuring out how to get it to do what I want. I’m a graphic designer and it’s frustrating me that I can’t figure out how to get it to render or carve the way I want it to. The drawing the shapes, etc. is not the issue. Just the vector to 3D and then figuring out what toolpaths to use.

Also, any recommended books on learning bits, bit speeds, etc.

Welcome to the Forum. There are TONS of videos on YouTube. Check out Mark Lindsay CNC on YT, he does a full series on different things for newbies and also Vectric has training videos on their site also. Mark does a video on bits as well.

3 Likes

If you’re more the reading type. Here are a few suggestions. These are not specific to Vectric but you can still pick up great information and project techniques with them.

Not software training specific but I use this to keep project notes straight.

1 Like

You might want to check out some YouTube videos. Search using CNC and the topic you want. Or CNC Mark Lindsay.

1 Like

Check out I.D.C. Woodcraft on YouTube and his web site. Garrett Fromme gives excellent insight to all things vectric.