Vectric Master Training Course

Eldon here, I am still waiting on my first ever CNC, the Onefinity Foreman and have been working on understanding VectricPro. I have come across this Vectric Master Training Course and am wondering is anyone on here has ever signed up for it. It’s $249 dollars and I’m looking for someone who has actully used it to see if it is actually worth it. Or if you have any other ideas that may help me in understanding and using Vcarve so I can truly enjoy my new hobby when I get my 1F next month. Thanks in advance.

Joining the Vectric Facebook group and Youtube will get you there hopefully!

1 Like

Thank you sir, I sure hope so. I’ve been trying to figure this out, and definitely know more now than I did when I placed my order back in March. I have watched so many youtube vids, without the machine to actually see if I retained any knowledge is a challenge. Thanks again for the reply.

Vectric has a lot of tutorial videos that are free if you own the software. Learn your CNC on youtube is another good channel that will show things that aren’t covering in the Vectrics videos. I would do these first before plopping down 250.

2 Likes

Thanks Tim, after putting out around 6K already, I’m definitely in no hurry to put out any more. Thanks again.

1 Like

I did put up the money and it is money well spent. Yes you tube might help but it will take infinitely longer listening to peoples opinions and errors and personal stories with anecdotes that have nothing to do with the facts you need to know. Kyle is an absolute professional presenter. no bull. no photo bombing and absolute accuracy. plus the course is designed to buiild on each lesson. and there are quizzes to make sure you understnd each lesson plus downloads. there is no comparison. It is worth every penny.

3 Likes

If you visit the Vectric website they have loads of tutorial videos on there, right from the basics right up to the more complex. I’d download the software (it lets you do everything except export toolpaths which without a machine is fine), then split the screen and follow the tutorials. It’s easier to learn by doing, rather than listening and remembering. That’s how I learnt sketchup anyway, but everyone is different.
I personally wouldn’t spend the $240 as nowadays with mainstream software there is plenty of support, and plenty of good quality tutorials available for free if you know where to look. That $240 could be put to better use on end mills, or a tool setter etc.

1 Like

Tutorial Browser - VCarve Pro | Vectric?

Scroll down and they have loads of tutorial videos. The first one is titled ‘Getting Started’. Download the software and follow these.

1 Like

everyone learns differently but this works for me.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I’ll try the free online stuff and see where that takes me, and it’s good to get a good report on this training just in case.

Thank you very much, I will definitely be watching the videos. I have no idea how to do the split screen thing, guess I’ll google that and you tube first. Thanks again

I think most of us have been in your position trying to get to grips with the software whilst waiting for our machines but from my experience I really started to learn when I got my machine and developed some small projects of my own.
There are a number of very good resources on YouTube. I can guarantee that you will both thrill and frighten yourself during this learning process!

1 Like

Thanks Jeff, I’m sure I’ll be on my emotional rollercoaster, but I won’t be bored. LOL

Just drag your one screen\window eg; your open internet browser for YouTube all the way to the left or right, and then do the same for your Vectric software but on the opposite side. Windows orientates and splits the screen automatically so you can see both at once.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try. Thank you very much.

Thanks again, that is so cool. I had no idea.

No problem at all. It’s how I learned sketchup.