Carveco or Vectric

Has anyone considered Vetric Aspire? I understand that it is the best of the best.

1 Like

I’ve Seriously considered it, just have not ever needed it over Vcarve badly enough to upgrade. Probably will one day when someone says "Aspire would make that project easy ".

1 Like

I agree. I am starting out from scratch in cnc work but have been dreaming about it for a long time. I figure that Aspire will do anything I want it to right from the get go so I may as well learn it now rather than work up to it from other software. That way I will have no limitations as to what I can do.

I say go with it.
For any who are cash strapped be aware that Aspire is mostly a super set of Vcarve so there will be nothing to unlearn, just new stuff to learn about. “what is that icon? Never saw it in Vcarve…”

If you do go with Aspire from the get go I’ll be looking to you for that one thing that demands I upgrade.

Will keep in touch. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Wouldn’t you be able to make a line 5.6 inches in length and put one end on x edge, then align the center of the circle to the other end? Then just delete the 5.6 inch line. I had to do something like this in CC when I was trying to align some letters vertically. Took the total workspace which was 10 inches tall, divided it by 5, then made 2 in tall boxes. I aligned them, typed a single letter into each one, then aligned the letter to each box. After it was aligned to my liking, I just deleted the boxes.

Ben how did you add the post processor for the onefinity on VCarve. i have an older version of Vcarve but the onefinity post processor doesn’t show up on the list when exporting toolpaths.

Just curious

Vectric does have the ability to use absolute coordinates by numeric inputs. Other than mesh modeling it is quite good.

On a similar line I often use my all time favorite CAD tool Sketch-up to design my models and import them into Aspire. Aspire is excellent at “subtractive” modeling i.e. drilling, notching etc. wheres Sketch-up is a dream for “Additive” modeling i.e. stacking up components on the Z axes.

What version of vectric? I dont want to download any trails until my machine shows up. but need to know how much i will be needing to spend in software. if i did a trail it would be a waste with out a machine ATM.

Vcarve and Aspire are on 10.5 now. They have traditionally gifted you the next major update (11)if it comes out within a year of purchase. I DO NOT work for them so take that with a grain of salt.

Ill keep it simple Carveco needs lots of work managing accounts. (carveco will show your account good for 1 day but yet charge you that day?) So if you close down your account with 1 day left you will get charged for the next month. I know V carve is much more. But it really is worth it

Wondering if anyone has used both vetric and carveco and has tested the cutting time of both tool paths on the same project. I know the vetric Toolpaths are faster than carbide create.