CNC SOFTWARE for X50 Woodworker

What is the best CAD CAM Software for one finite X50 woodworker for MAC OS? I want software which can convert pictures from bro machine path guide.

You really have Carbide Create and Easel if you want Mac native software. I’ve been a Mac user for near 2 decades and swore off Windows back in the XP days. I’m now running Carveco Maker+ in Windows 10 on Parallels Desktop. I consider Windows to be an API that lets me run Maker+, I don’t use it for anything else. Took me a couple weeks to get comfortable with Maker+ but after having tried the Mac native software first, there’s no comparison. But of course it depends on what you want to make. What’s available on MacOS is quite usable, you can make signs, trays, etc.

A lot of folks use Fusion360 for CAD / CAM. It’s free-for-personal use and available for Windows and MacOS.

Adobe Illustrator is a fine tool for accomplishing that in a standalone product. That should function well for you from MacOS Big Sur onward.

To elaborate on @Atroz comment regarding Carbide Create: This is a fine example of a very capable 2d CAD / CAM option that can do what you’re looking to accomplish. The basic version is free and its Pro Version is very reasonably priced (perpetual “it’s all yours” license is $360 USD).

Thanks for your help!

Marty McDermott

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Marty McDermott

1 Like