"continue" between toolpaths with same bit?

Good morning , ive tried to search this topic out but couldnt find a solution to my exact issue. i have my 'tool change" and router/dust collector auto on/off working flawlessly (i think) thanks to this forum and some study. My only problem ( more of an inconvience) is that when im running a program with say 4 differnt tool paths and only 2 bits when changing to the last bit to run last 3 tool paths ( two differnt depth pockets and a profile cut out ,1/4" end mill) it prompts me to push continue between each tool path instead of just moving foward to the next on its own. it dosent want a probe or a tool change just permission to move on. The router/DC dosent shut off either, just runs until you push continue. I use Carveco Maker software. thanks again Matt

In the g code text file remove the command M0 between the tool paths you don’t want to pause on. This will remove the pause in the program.

2 Likes

Ok thanks, will I remove that in the “tool change” setting on the controller or in the program itself ?

In the program itself. After you export the gcode file you can open it in Notepad as a text file. At each tool change you should find an M0 command in the text, these are the pauses. A good gcode program will indicate what tool it’s looking for annotated next to this command in parenthesis. Delete the M0 command you don’t want and save the file. Use this edited gcode file as the one you upload to the machine.

thanks Mike , I’m gonna try on a simple program in just a bit. I got it wrote , luckily they had a side note that read M0 (press continue when spindle is up to speed ) or I would have never found it. Thanks again for your help .