Controller Screen Keyboard Disable?

Is there a way to disable the touch-screen keyboard from popping up when accessing the MDI feature? I have a USB keyboard hooked up to the controller, and I use it extensively move the router around. When I call the MDI, I have to dismiss the keyboard and scroll back to the command window. I know this is an extremely small nit to pick, a measure of how much I love this machine!

Hey Michael,

on the Buildbotics Version 1.0.2, this was fixed:

I recategorize this to category “Feature Requests”.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I want. If I understand the situation, I’ll have to wait for the feature to be incorporated into a 1F software release before I can access it, correct?

just delete the ‘extension’ in the chromium browser.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand. Do you mean to access the code from the controller via the browser? How is this done? Could you direct me to more detailed information? If I can do it myself, I will, but I don’t want to cause myself problems.

Incredibly quick response when support was contacted directly:

In the upper right hand corner of the screen, to the left of the 3 dots, there is a tiny keyboard icon. Push and hold that button. A selection will pop up too remove the option from Chromium, select this and it will remove the keyboard

Worked perfectly.

4 Likes