Cut Depth changes slightly offset leaving ridges

Hey everyone, I’ve had my 1f journeyman for a few months with no issues. However on the last few projects its leaving small ridges from depth advances. Before i start tearing everything apart, i figured maybe someone would see these pictures and be able to point me in the right direction!
Thanks in advance!

You should add a finishing pass at the end of the cuts to smooth out the entire edge.

1 Like

I’m sure you checked, but I had the same thing 2 or 3 times until I found that my workpiece was moving a very tiny bit. Just a thought

Make sure your tooling is sharp, do a finishing pass, and then I’d add on a reverse direction finishing pass.

1 Like

I should add, thats using a whiteside 1/4 downcut spirl bit, 100 IPM and my makita at about 2.5 - 3.
I made sure the collet is clean, the bit is sharp, seated the bit as deep as i can for the cut and did another one in Ash, added a finishing pass reverse direction and got this…

Looks like an old post but still relevant. I’m getting some lines as well, though not as severe as the OP and I’m also getting fuzz on the surface of 3D carves as well? Bits sharp, workpiece screwed down. One how do I create an opposite direction tool path? I use Carbide create Pro for CAD and gcode.

Brian