Cutting the edges of the cutting area

I have a Foreman, with 48.125" x 48.5" cutting area. I use Fusion 360 to model and create toolpaths. I recently tried to engrave the perimeter of the cutting area, but the Masso told me it hit a soft error on the Y axis. I also tried to trace the perimeter and got the same area. When I initially got the machine, I tried to use the Flat toolpath to flatten the wasteboard and got the same error. At that time, I just used the conversational function and flattened that way. Now I’d like to understand what’s going on here. Any ideas on what might be happening that would prevent this from working as I expected?

I figure I can lie to the Masso and tell it. my flattening bit is smaller than it is, and get through flattening, but that wouldn’t let me understand the actual problem.

Can you manually jog a tool center to all the edges?

I should have tested the obvious. I can’t jog to the edges manually. I get just short. I checked the X and Y axis settings and they’re set short of the advertised cutting area. X is set to 48.031 and Y is set to 48.375. They’re both short, but by different amounts. Why would 1F set these to values short of the advertised values? I’m sure there must be a reason.

Adam

When I flattened via the conversational interface, I used the advertised dimensions and it worked. How could that be?

I asked 1F support about this, and they said it was normal and not to change it. They wouldn’t elaborate on why. Getting the extra fraction of an inch doesn’t make much of a difference to me, but I would like to understand why the soft limits are set below the advertised limits. Can anyone here explain?

Thanks!

I noticed the same thing, well my machine would “slam” the edge for that extra fraction. It wasn’t triggering an alarm, but i wasn’t going to get anything out of that little more either. I went just up to my x and y limit took note and updated the f1 screen.